Saturday, October 29, 2011

Start Wearing Your Good Panties!

Finally it’s all over with. I was dealing with a huge inspection at my job and was only focused on that for the past month. Now that it’s over I can finally relax and catch up with some of my favorite blogs. I stumbled across an article on a blog that I normally do not frequent, but the article got me to thinking. The name of the article is Stop Saving Your Good Panties for Later. This article basically boils down to two things: self-sabotaging and denying oneself happiness.

If you read the article it talks about how women will buy new panties, but will tell herself that she has to wait for a special occasion to wear them and continuously cling onto the old, ratty panties that she is used to. I am guilty of this. Not just with panties, but with everything. Clothes, makeup, hair, my house, decorating, the list goes on. Right now, I have about 8 bags of new clothes on the floor in my bedroom just waiting for the ‘perfect time’ to wear them. I have several pictures and wall hangings sitting on the floor staring me in the face as I type this, just waiting to be hung up when I buy a house. I went out and brought that highly-praised Urban Decay Naked Palate and have yet to use it. I’m waiting on the right time. You see the pattern that is forming, and so do I.

I’ve been trying to break myself out of this, but for some reason it’s really hard to do. Everything with me is always ‘When the time is right’. After reading this, what if the right time never comes along. Everything will just sit there, wasting away. I now realize that this is something that I have to change and perhapse it will make some breakthroughs in my life. For me, I will go and buy new stuff more as a way of therapy. I’ll look in the closet and say ‘I have nothing to wear’, yet there are brand new items right at my feet. In a way, for me, it’s more than denying myself happiness.

I am now making it my personal mission to stop saving my good panties for later, wearing all of my new clothes on the weekend, and wearing make-up every time I go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment