Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lemon Bars: Fail!

After a hard day at work, cramps and a killer headache, I decided to soothe myself with some lemon bars. I brought this mix a while ago and couldn't wait to make it. Tonight seemed like the perfect night. It's not too hot to have the oven on, I have the time, but most importantly, I have fresh eggs in the fridge. I followed the instructions to the letter, and this is what I came up with:





How in the world did this happen?!?!? To make matters worst when I tried to scrape it up, it was like melted karamel. There was no real crust, just gooey, moist brown lumps of something that tasted lemon-like. Yeah, that's right, I tasted it. Don't look at me like that, I was curious. Honestly, I was craving them so a little burntness (is that a word?!?) wasn't going to stop me.

Sigh. I'll be back to my regularly scheduled posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment