Sunday, August 7, 2011

What A Weekend!


Hey There! This weekend was a great! Let's see where to start...a bachelorette party, boat ride, soul train line, motion sickness, dinner with my best friend, and spending time with the family! Whew!

There are very few times when things actually fall into place perfectly for me when it comes to going out on the town. I actually stepped outside of my comfort zone and tried some things that I normally wouldn't do, such as, cream eyeliner, an exotic hairstyle and believe it or not, a super short dress (despite my recent discovery of cottage cheese on my booty and upper thighs). .

First up, the cream eyeliner.

Some of you may not know this, but I'm currently obsessed with all things YouTube. After watching several videos, I decided to take the plunge and buy some cream eyeliner. Now, I have been a liquid liner girl, exclusively, for over 10 years now. I have super oily eyelids and pencil liner disappears before I walk out the door. While browsing through Target, I came across ELF's cream eyeliner for $3.00.






I had seen this on several tutorials and decided to give it a try. After examining the package and the brush that came with it, I also brought a eyeliner brush. I applied this eyeliner after slapping on some purple eyeshadow by Flirt. Of course a broad was running late. To my surprise, it was super easy to apply and went on like black velvet. I was shocked! I wasn't even trying to be precise, but it just happened that way. I love this eyeliner and would recommend it to anyone.

Next, exotic hair.

Ok, so I have this natural hair, that is currently straight. While looking at one of my favorite YouTubers (is that word?!?) I felt inspired and decided to wear my hair in something different other than a wrap or bouncy curls. I follow, through YouTube and Blog, a lovely woman named Dprincess28. She had a post on 'Date Night' hair and make up. I just used the hair part and for the most part it turned out great! I just wish that I had a camera (and time) so that I could have taken pictures. Anywoo, I used my hot curlers and some Suave hairspray (I know, bad) to set my hair. I left them in for 30 minutes, while I did my make-up and get sugared up for the evening. Next, I remove the hot curlers and parted a third of my hair. I flat twisted the one side of my hair and secured it with some bobby pins. The remaining hair, I pin curled up so that the curls would last longer. It was seriously humid outside. After I took the pin curls out, it was most definitely date worthy hair. Not to mention, it was unique. I just wish that the curls would have stayed in longer.

If you want to know more about the hair style, please check out DPrincess28 blog and YouTube Channel.

Lastly, the dress.

I went to three malls in three days and didn't end up with anything but a shirt from H&M and bill for $48 from dinner at Houlihans. I get so discouraged shopping. I feel like I am at the age where I am too old to be wearing Juniors, but not quite ready to shop at Talbot's, ya feel me. I stumbled into a store called Strawberry and found a really cute dress, that actually fit over all of this booty, hips, and thighs! I was so excited. I didn't know what to do with myself! Oh yeah, I did know. I needed some shoes to go with it. I went to Macy's and what did I find, some Beyonce shoes! I know what you are thinking, Beyonce has shoes at Macy's. No. I call these my Beyonce shoes because I could dance all night long, just like Beyonce (in my mind), and they were super cute.

I know! This post is nothing without pictures! I promise you guys, that I am working on getting a camera, and a webcam so that I can up my blogging status.

It felt so good for a night to go right for the first time and taking some steps outside the box.

Enough. Back to work in the morning. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment