Saturday, May 19, 2012

To Stay or To Go...

If you look on my list of things to accomplish before I turn 30, you will see that I have to decided weather I should stay or should I go, rent or buy. Well, here we are at the end of another lease and I still don't know what I want to do. I have been living here, in what I like to call the Carrie Bradshaw apartment (small space; big closets), for 2 years now and it has pros and cons. Then again, I am tired of moving. Every three years, I am moving. I've been thinking about moving to another apartment so that I can save money, but here in the area that I live most of the apartment are rent + electric, but everything is electric...making your light bill $200 in the winter months for heating and $100+ in the summer months for air conditioning.

Pros of the Carrie Bradshaw:

  • Most utilities included
  • Nice closet space
  • Large bedroom
  • Clean
  • Off-Street parking


Cons of the Carrie Bradshaw:

  • Periodic noise
  • No parking--sometimes
  • Rent increases
  • Constant turn over; mainly college students
  • Unable to customize

I've been looking at the real estate market for my area and there are a couple places that I feel would make a great starter homes for myself. I just feel like I need to save up more money for closing costs. Recently, I have also been looking at alot of HGTV and I feel so inspired!  I want to give my place its own personal stamp. And buy new furniture that doesn't match but goes together...you know what I mean.



Even though with homeownership, there is alot of added responsibility, but there is also alot of freedom. I love the area where I live at, its so centrally located and I just want to be settled. If I choose to stay here in the Carrie Bradshaw, I will save as much money as I can...not to mention I would save with moving costs. Only to have move again. Maybe I should just stay here until I buy a house? Oh, poo!

With that being said, should I leave or stay?

No comments:

Post a Comment