Monday, October 1, 2012

Money Mondays...

 

It's October 1st, and you know what that means...The start of the Debt Diet 2012! Ugh! Are you dreading it as much as I am?!?!

In my prior post, I stated that I wanted to save $5,000 in a year. I did some research and I found that most of the websites talked about doing things like cutting your cable bill, food costs, utilities, ect. While it all sounds good in theory, you have to take some steps additional steps to get there.

To kick off the Debt Diet, we are going to start with the basics. We are going to write down every single thing that we purchase for the next month. Sounds easy right? Well, once you write everything down, you will be shocked at where your money goes. One important note, checking your account balance online doesn't count. Why??! Because you will not be conscious about what you are spending your money on.

Get going! Dust off that checkbook ledger and get to tracking! Don't have a ledger, go to your bank and ask for one--its free!

No comments:

Post a Comment