Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lent: What You Giving Up?

So my computer is back up and running, and I hope to get back to posting more, but with the stress from work, who knows when that will be. Anywoo, today I was asked by one of my elderly residents, Sarafina, bilingual, devout Catholic little Italian woman, if I wanted my ashes. Clueless for a moment...Duh! It's Ash Wednesday! I'm not Catholic, but not to be rude, I obliged.

I decided that I was going to give up two things for lent: facebook and gossiping.

Starting today, I will not be checking my facebook page, or lurking around reading some of the crazy posts from friends. I wonder what I will actually miss out on. Will I be more incline to pick up the phone?

Aww..the gossiping. It's not that I really do it, but I find myself telling other people things in general conversation. Not in a negative way, but just mentioning something from our conversation to someone else. I noticed that it made me feel uncomfortable because I felt like who I was telling wasn't getting all of the facts and passing judgement.

I'll keep it short since I have a migraine...and have had one for the past two days. Sigh.

What are you willing to give up for 40 days?!? Leave it in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment