Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spiritual Sunday: The Tortoise & The Hare

Film Still


When is it going to be my time? I have been steadily attempting to move forward and make good decisions follow in Gods path that he has for me, but it seems like I am getting no where, fast. If slow and steady wins the race when will it be over?


It seems like everywhere that I look there are people getting ahead of me, doing the right thing, and some doing the wrong thing. I just wonder and ask, how can this be? I have been doing everything that I am supposed to be doing; walking this path, being patient, and being obedient, but I still see no results. Many of us may feel this way at one time or another. I just wish that there was a sign that lets me know that I am going to win this race. Even though I am tired, weary, and lacking faith, I know that I am going to win this race.

Recently, I set out to buy a new car. I did my research, planned my budget, and went out searched. The first dealership that I went, anxious to test drive and get this Nissan Rouge, turned out to be a bust. Well, I guess I will just go out again next weekend and take a look at the Toyota Camry and Rav4. Ok, the frigidly cold temperatures and snow kept me away. So here we are a month later and still no car. But I am faithful that I will find the right car at the right price. Patience. Faith. I got this. Do you know that this week one of my friends who went with me to test drive the car actually brought the same car that I test drove yesterday?!? How can this be?! I did everything that I was supposed to do. Was she even looking for a car while I was looking? Guess I'm the tortoise and she's the hare. Sometimes I just wish that for one time I would be able to win the race. Lord, just let me come in first one time.  Yes, there is some natural competition in life, it just seems like I am always coming in last. But if you know anything about Jesus and how he works, the tortoise will win the race. Not in the tortoise's time, but in God's time.

Before I started writing this post, I thought about one of the first sermons my lil cousin preached and it was based off of Job and the struggles that he faced and overcome. His patience and how the end of his days were better than the beginning. One of the lines that stood out to me was 'The race isn't given to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but he who endures til the end'. After doing some research I found out that it's not exactly stated in the bible, more like a combination of Ecclesiastes 9:11 and possibly Matthew 24:13. I'm not going to get too technical with this, because I have heard it before but when I googled it to get the true understanding of it, there were so many stories about marriage, life, and love illustrating this and it was truly inspiring to know that other people are going through the same thing that I am and still came out on top. Am I discouraged? Yes. About more than one thing, but I just have to keep the faith and keep on moving in this race.

No comments:

Post a Comment