Saturday, September 3, 2011

Procrastination is like Masturbation...

So, its Saturday night and I am sitting here writing a post about 'Procrastination being like Masturbation' and looking at my guilty pleasure Awkward. How did this all start? Well, back in college, during one of those hazy nights that involved Barcardi 151 in the all boys dorm, I came across a sheet of paper posted on the wall. It said: Procrastination is like Masturbation, you always end up getting screwed. Not quite Langston Hughes, but poetic, none the less.

Which brings us to this. A Saturday night when I thought that thought that I would be at the movies falling asleep or pretending to be into whatever movie that I would be watching with a dude that I really don't trust. Whew, that was a mouthful. Not that I would have ended up getting screwed by him at the end of the night (see celibacy vlog coming soon), but he probably would have tried. Where are all the good men at???!?!?!? Sigh.

Anyway, instead of doing something on the 360 in 365 list, or at least researching to attempt to cross something off of that list, I decided to check out random Youtube videos on knitting. Yeah. That's right, knitting. For what? I am not sure. I think that its just another way for me to procrastinate in doing what I need to do. I really don't need to know how to knit...I need to perfect my calligraphy, so that I can possibly make some extra money by doing it. After watching the video on Youtube, I actually contemplated driving to Wal-Mart and get some knitting supplies. Now, there are a million other things that I need and should be doing, including work for my job, finishing my Limited application, washing clothes, cleaning up, and the list can go on and on.

In the end of not doing anything really today, I will end up getting screwed on Monday night when I am trying to finish all of the work for my job, wash clothes, clean up for the week, and all of the other miscellaneous things that I should have done today with my free time.

This post has nothing to do with masturbation

No comments:

Post a Comment