Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Relationship Guru?! Who Me?



Without having a successful relationship in life, thus far, recently I have found myself being a relationship guru for some of my friends. It seems like everyone wants to talk to me, ask me my opinion, or spill their heart out to me. Don’t get me wrong, there are very few things that I haven’t experienced while being in a relationship. Some of the experiences I only share with certain people or when there is a need to illustrate and relate to them. Then, there are those relationship experiences that I keep to me, myself, and I.

I think that one of the main reasons why friends chose to confide in me is because of my unbiased opinion of the situations. Or it could be because I am good listener. I try to listen more than I talk. Now, there are those times when I get a little bogged down with everyone else’s problems and just want to vent about what I have going on. Which brings me to this, as of this current moment, I am very much single and celibate so I don’t have a lot of relationship baggage with me. I am comfortable with who I am. So, when people tell me about their relationship problems I’m not the friend that is jealous because one of my friends have a man and I don’t . I’m not the friend constantly telling them to leave them alone, because I have been there before and most importantly I don’t want their man for myself. Maybe it is because when I was in f’ed up relationships all of my friends were there for me and this is just payback. Whatever the reason, I’ll enjoy my time as a self-proclaimed relationship guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment