Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hung Him High, Stretched Him Wide...


He has risen. Easter Sunday is one of those days that I spent with my dear aunt Lori. I remember walking from Valley Terrace to Deliverance Temple Church being able to see my breath in the air. She has her bible and tamborine in tow. I was always amazed at my aunt when she played the tamborine; there was some real skills there. Me with my pattened leather shoes,  Easter dress, and how could I forget my small purse with a couple of dollars for offering. When we arrive, I go to Sunday school. When I return from Sunday school the choir is singing a song...the melody I can't really remember only the lyrics: They hung him high, stretched him wide, on the cross for me he died...that's love.

Need I say more? Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment