Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spiritual Sunday....

I have been thinking a lot about contentment lately. With all of the things that I have been going through, it just wants me to let things go and let them just be. Not worry about what I should wear, how much I should weigh, or constantly looking for the newest, greatest, thing. Just doing what makes me happy. I looked up the meaning of contentment and it says: the state of being contented; satisfaction; ease of mind. Synonyms of contentment are: gratified, pleased, happy.

I did some cross-referencing in the bible and I came up with a verse that I just want to meditate on James 4:2-3: You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

When I first read this, I just had to sit back and think about some of the things that I am doing and just think...why?

I am going to really take an inventory of my current choices and ask myself why? But most importantly, is this in God's will and plan for me. I worry about things and compare myself to other people, but why?

Once I reflect on things, I will post another Spiritual Sunday post with my discoveries. I encourage everyone of you to read over the verse and really think about your life. If there is something that you are constantly worrying about or not satisfied with, just be honest with yourself. And ask yourself why? If you want, post it below and the comments.

There is more to come on the topic of contentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment