Sunday, July 3, 2011

$65 Later...

Yesterday, I went to get my nails done at one of the busiest nail shop in the North Hills area. After waiting for 45 minutes, finally I got to sit in the pedicure chair. While sitting there I overheard another customer talking about the Shellac polish. I had done my research this before, but I was skeptical. After the amazing pedicure, I asked the girl about her nails. She said that she really like it because it lasted longer than regular polish and it was gentle on your nails. Not to mention it was a thin gel coat, so you don't feel like you have on fake nails. I decided to give it a try! The results are below:




Sorry for the poor quality. I have to get a better camera.


The Pros:
So far, so good! When you get it done, you don't have to wait for them to dry and you don't run the risk of smudging them. If you get a manicure every week, this may save you some money. The nail technician said that he's seen a french last at least 2 weeks.

The Cons:
The cost. It's an additional $15 on top of the manicure charge; $30 all together. Also, there are limited colors that you can get. If you are like me, you want your nails and toes to match, that may not happen. No biggie, because the classic french is always an option.

After the pedicure, toe nail art, manicure, Shellac polish, and tip...the grand total was $65.

I'll update in a week to see how they are holding up.

Update: They are still holding up after 2 weeks! I just got them redone because it kinda started looking like I needed a fill and one of the nails was chipped really bad on the side. I probably could have rode it out for another week, but I wouldn't know when I could get them done again. Also, I went to a different place to get them done, and different places charge different prices, so shop around! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment