Friday, July 15, 2011

Two pills a day to keep HIV away...

While surfing some of my favorite blogs, I came across an article about a way to prevent HIV/AIDS.

Interesting.

After doing more research, it seems as that there are two studies that prove that there is some promise to preventing HIV/AIDS. Before I say this is strictly my opinion. If a pill can actually prevent HIV/AIDS then that is great, but its also a way for people to be even more irresponsible. Sure, this can reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS, but you are putting yourself at risk for other STD's. Not to mention, nothing is ever 100%, so there still would be a risk. I am not completely against it, but in addition to these pills they should have a plan of some kind that educates people about safe sex.

Perhaps they should offer this pill to people who are at greater risk of contracting the disease, such as people with other autoimmune disorders or STD's. I don't know, this is just my opinion. We, as people, are always taking the easy way out of things.

Wrap it up, keep your legs closed, or just say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment