Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Best of 2012...

Well, 2012 is winding down and all over the place there are 'the best of' lists everywhere. So I decided to do one. Aside from the 'Never to late for Now' episode of 30 Rock, there are actually a couple of things that made my life easier, better, happier and all of the above.

Beauty

 Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 in NW 45. I've never been one to use concealer, but after watching 100 Youtube videos, I finally gave in and brought some. Seriously, the best $18 ever spent! The coverage is amazing! You can wear just the concealer and powder and you will look flawless. It's buildable so you can for from light to full. I cannot explain how great it is, just go to you nearest counter and try it for yourself.

Food

Pinned Image

Roasted. Broccoli. I eat this every week. Just look up a recipe for it and you'll be making it every week. I love it!

Hair

I am still in the trial and error phase with hair products when it comes to trying to develop a regime and staple products. My go-to line, when all else has failed: Shea Moisture. The Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Moisture Retention Shampoo, the African Black Soap Body Wash, and the list could go on. One of the greatest thing about this line is affordable and available in drugstores.

Clothing




Old Navy's Rockstar Jeans...or Jeggings...whatever you want to call them. I found myself buying and reaching for these jean more than any pair in my closet. The stretch and fit are great, when you figure out what size you actually wear. Also, the length is perfect for shorter people such as myself.



Honorable Mentions



Etsy! I am addicted to looking at all types of things one here. From vintage wedding dresses to handcrafted earrings to body products. The thing that attracts me to this site is the uniqueness of everything on there, truly one of a kind items, and you are supporting small businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment