Monday, June 11, 2012

Curls Unleashed Product Review


Today kicks off Beauty Week here on Walking Through Honey! As many of you know, and can tell by most of my posts, I really don't post much about products or reviews. This week I will be posting more beauty related posts.

Today, I will be giving an honest review on the Curls Unleashed Sulfate Free Shampoo and Moisturizing Conditioner.


Up first, The Sulfate-Free Shampoo. For the most part, I like this shampoo. I must admit that I am not really concerned with shampoos, but this one is better than other sulfate free shampoos that I have used. It smells good and cleans your hair well without stripping it. I normally shampoo my hair once, focusing mostly on the roots and then working my way down. I noticed that I really don't have to use alot of the product and I do get a good lather. Now on to the negatives...sigh...the price. I brought this from Sally's and it was $10! Its a shampoo, not a product filled with some extra ordinary ingredients. The products claims:

Lavish in the ultimate shampoo experience as your hair is gently cleansed, moisturized and detangles with lemon balm, rosemary and hops.
• Non-stripping
• Moisturizing
• Great Lather

Overall: I give it a 4 out of 5

The Moisturizing Conditioner, for me, is just average. The product states:

Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Moisturizing Conditioner is great to use for added moisture. This product is also great for transitioning, “co-washing,” detangling and conditioning.
• Moisturizes
• Detangles
• Can be used as a daily conditioner
• Prepares curls for styling



Ok, I am transitioning, almost natural. I most definitely wouldn't use this for a co-wash. But it does do a good job in detangeling, but the conditioning is just average. The one thing that I noticed was that I go through this conditioner fast! I used it three times and I am just about done with the jar. Not to mention, this stuff like the shampoo, was not cheap. If you want a conditioner, then go for this one. I wouldn't/couldn't see this being used as a deep conditioner, but maybe with heat it might be better.

Overall: I give it a 3 out of 5

Just as a disclaimer, I am not all into the whole 'all natural' products, no cons, has cons, slip, grip, stuff. So, I couldn't tell you if this is any of that. It says that it contains natural ingredients, but how much I couldn't tell you. I am just a novice starting out with the whole natural product bandwagon. The one thing that I do know is that I don't put much weight into the shampoo and conditioner that I use. To me, the deep conditioner, moisturizer, and oils are more important...but whatever works for your hair is always best.

No comments:

Post a Comment