Friday, June 1, 2012

Traveling Solo?!?!?



Work has been so draining lately. All I can think about vacation! Vacation! VACATION! It's 26 days and counting and I will be in Las Vegas. As excited as I am to be going, I am thinking about how I may not get to do what I want to do. I have been researching some places that I want to eat at, and I am not sure that my friend and her family will be down with eating there. Which brings me to this, traveling solo!

Most of my friends are booed up, married, or just don't share the same travel goals. I have been reading around and I came across one of my fellow YouTubers that actually have a blog all about traveling, most of it solo, called Sista Voyage. While reading some of her posts, and checking out the pictures, I realized 'man, that looks like the perfect vacation. Doing what you want, not having to worry about someone not eating what you like, going where you want to go'. I have told all of my friends that I am a true tourist. I love to see what is different in each destination. I can go to the club at home, but I am only in ____ to see ____ once in a lifetime.


Yes, the thought of going on vacation alone frightens me. On the other hand, I think that it would be great and exhilarating. Now there are places that I wouldn't go alone: certain parts of Africa, Mexico, certain parts of south America. But for the most part, I think that traveling alone will be a great experience. And a great way to get some stamps in my passport...which I have yet to get due to funding issues.

What do you think? Could you travel alone? Have you done it before?

No comments:

Post a Comment