Monday, January 23, 2012

Before I attempt Weight Watchers...

Before I attempt Weight Watchers and get caught up in all of the Jennifer Hudson-size 2-hype, I am going to give it a go the old natural way. Back in 2009, I lost about 25lbs. just by eating right, drinking lots of water, and working out. I am not saying that I am not going to join Weight Watchers, but I am going to give Calorie Count a try. I used this before to track what I was eating and it made me more conscious about what I was putting into my body.

Calorie Count is basically a free online tool that tracks your food intake, activity, water, and weight in one spot. They have several tools that can help you get to your weight loss goals and also offers support groups that can help encourage you along the way. They also offer mobile apps to help you while on the go.

My plan of action while using the Calorie Count is to cut out all of the processed and fast foods, drink more water, increase my vitamins, and work out. We'll see how this goes for a month and if there isn't any results or I find myself falling off of the wagon, then I will give weight watchers a try. In my opinion, this is similar to Weight Watchers, only free and with less organized support. 

Other Random Information:

  • Current weight: 196 (I'm not afraid to put it out there)
  • Weight Loss Goal: 30lbs by 6/18/2012
  • Food Strategy: Planning out meals in advance, no fast food, limit carbs after 7 pm, drink as much water as possible, limiting dairy
  • Working Out: Try for at least 5 days a week
  • Vitamins: For some of you that may not know this, I am a vitamin fanatic. If you got an ailment, I can find a vitamin, herb, supplement for you. I will be taking GNC's Women Ultra Mega Energy and Metabolism. Along with vitamin C for immunity. The only reason why I am not adding additional supplements while taking this vitamin is because its really complete and a better quality than what I was used to taking. The energy is ridiculous! Take them in the morning and you'll keep going, and going, and going. One of the best perks: no nausea.

GNC Women's Ultra Mega® Energy and Metabolism

No comments:

Post a Comment