Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Favorite Artist: Anita Baker

When I was in college, my roommate had downloaded all of these songs onto her computer and at night or when we had company we would play some ol' school, quite storm music. There was one song that stood out Angel by Anita Baker. I don't know if I was living under a rock, but I had just heard this song in 2002. From that moment on, I listened to every Anita Baker song that I could get my hands on. I brought her greatest hits album twice! In my opinion she is truely one of the greatest artists of our time. She gets overlooked on her achievements and musical abilities. For my 21st birthday my brother brought me and my best friends tickets to go to the Anita Baker concert. It is in the top 3 of concerts that I had ever seen, thus far. She sounded better in conert than on CD. I cried when she sung Angel. The lyrics. The melody. Her voice. It all comes together for some of the greatest love songs that I've ever heard.

So today, on her birthday I pay homage to her and her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment