Thursday, January 19, 2012

Protect Ya Ends Challenge: Week 2 & 3...oh wait, and 4!

Just an update on week 2 and 3 and what I plan for week 4. For week 2, I washed my hair with Aveda Nourishing Shampoo (the verdict is still out on that), conditioned with Yes to Carrots to help with detangling, and then made some deep conditioner. It consisted of: Some Redken hair mask that I was trying to get rid of, some Aussie Moist, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, and Honey. I let that sit on my hair for about 4 hours. I fell asleep, so it got some extra conditioning. I washed it out and added Giovanni Direct Leave-In. Then, I added Shea Moisture Curling Smoothie, sealed with coconut oil, and braided my hair up to go under the wig. I must admit that I am getting a little tired of the wig and hope that trying a bun will change things up.

The one thing that I am noticing that since I am focusing on ends, my scalp is dry. Because of this, I am starting to massage my scalp with oils a couple of times a week. I want to get some jojoba oil from Trader Joe's in the near future, but for now I'll be using coconut oil.
For week 3 and 4, I will be wearing a bun.
Here is the bun that I created following some YouTube videos. For week 4, I will be using different hair, this really doesn't match the texture, and making it a little bigger and higher on my head. I am still trying to figure out the best way to slick edges and make them last for the whole day (FYI: I am using Eco styler gel).  I am still moisturising and sealing my ends. During weeks 3 and 4, I will be doing a co-wash with Aussie Moist once a week.




Up close of the edges.




For week 5, I really don't want to go back to the wig...thinking about some crochet braids. Actually, hoping that my income tax comes through and I can get some box braids put in.

Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment