Friday, January 13, 2012

No! Not Panera!

My mother called me and asked me did I hear? Hear about what? Your favorite place, Pangora Bread. My mother, who is in her 60's, is actually pretty hip and stays up with current events. Hey, she told me about Beyonce's baby before I even knew about it. I asked her what she was talking about and she went on to talk about a lawsuit stating that Panera Bread was bias against 'fat, black and ugly people'.

Here in Pittsburgh, I can't really say that I noticed the person behind the counter that was taking my order. But after I thought about it, I never remember a black person working at any Panera that I went to. Mind you, I just ate from there a couple of days ago.

After her questioning me about if I seen it on facebook, or the news, she ended the conversation with are you still going to eat from there?

My answer: I don't know.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment