Friday, January 27, 2012

The Cooking Chronicles

I'm a fish snob. I am not afraid to say it. I am just as particular about the type of fish that I eat, as I am about the water that I drink. So when I came across a recipe using tilapia, I was skeptical. While doing looking at my normal YouTube videos, I came across a cooking video from Divascancook. I subscribed. It seemed like a channel that could help me develop my cooking skills.

Fast forwards about 4 months later, and there was a post of Bruschetta Tilapia Fish recipe. I'll give this a try since tilapia is one of the of the cheapest fish in the market. I brought some cherry tomatoes from Aldi's and basil from my local store and it all just came together.

I followed the recipe to the T and this is what I came up with:




It was so delicious and healthy! The only think that I did different was added some Old Bay to the fish. I paired the fish with some baked asparagus (Simple. Asparagus. Salt. Pepper. EVOO. 400 degree oven. 30 minutes) and couscous. Paired with a cold glass of Squirt Soda (diet, of course), it was one of the best meals that I have had in a minute. This is most definitely a keeper!

Bonus: This is actually a cost-effective meal, too. I spent about $5 on the fish, $1 on the tomatoes from Aldi's, $1.50 on the basil and the rest of the items I had in the pantry. The asparagus was on sale for $2.99 a pound. And the couscous was also from Aldi's for $1.25. This meal could feed 3-4 people. Grand Total: $11.74

Be sure to check out her website for other great meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment